Happy Birthday to Me! Woot!
Yikes, I’m 47 years old today. Shocker to most people. When I tell people how old am I, they assume I’m much younger. I haven’t been married 10 years yet and our son is 8-year-old 3rd grader. What can I say? I married and had my son late in my 30’s. I waited or I should say, my husband waited for me to finally figure it out.
Anywoos…lately or I should say about a month ago on Facebook, the 14 Things You don’t Know about me made the rounds. Well, I put mine out there but I realized that I had few more thing to share about myself. So here is the original list and a couple of others.
1. Growing up I wanted to dance on Broadway. Fame, West Side Story and the movie The Chorus Line were my inspirations. Sadly when I tried out for the Kilgore Rangerettes (Texas), I was too short.
2. I’ve met Ozzy Osbourne, Zak Wylde, Ace Frehley, Pantera, and Drowning Pool. That was back in my rocker days. Sadly, I miss the music but not the scene. I buried two people and it was awful.
3. The hockey players that I have met are too long to list. I worked for the Dallas Stars Hockey Club from 1999-2004. I do have a cousin that married to Keith Tkachuk. He’s a great guy to talk to. When we met after a hockey game, it was like NO SHIT! We sat and talked for hours. Do I miss it? Not really but I do miss going to games. Its hard when you live in the sticks.
4. Refer to #2 & #3 and that’s why I don’t read these kind of romances for review. I had good and bad memories and they sometimes cause triggers.
5. I married when I was 37 and had my one child at 38. My husband is 7 years younger than me. LOL!
6. People are always surprised when I tell them I hate the Dallas Cowboys. I worked for Bum Bright when he sold them to Jerry Jones. Jones is ***** and he fired Tom Landry. Yep, hated them ever since. Yes, I’m that old. :)
7. When I meet Peyton Manning and Archie Manning at a lunch in Dallas, I damn near fainted. In fact, Archie asked me if I was okay. LOL!
8. I have ZERO confidence in myself. I’m my worst motivator. Comes from years of emotional put downs from people in my family. Long story..
9. I can cook but can’t bake. Unless it’s from a box. Sad but true!
10. I lived most of my married life in small towns.
11. I was diagnosed a Type 2 diabetic almost 3 years ago. My sugars have never been over 150 and I’ve lost 60 pounds.
12. My writing dream is to be published by Harlequin. I know, right?
13. My guilty pleasure is Zebra Cakes from Little Debbie. My vice is cigarettes. And yes, I need to quit. Sadly, I don’t drink anymore.
14. We named our son after a hockey player and football player. Brian Leetch, New York Rangers and Earl Campbell, Houston Oilers.
15. I love classical music. Yes, I’m a headbanger but I have played the piano since I was about 3 yrs old and violin since I was 8. I have also sang in choirs since I was young. I sing First Alto. My inspiration for the piano was Elton John and Billy Joel. Charlie Daniels was my inspiration for the violin. I still tear up when I hear the Alleluia Chorus by Handel. I sand it so much that I can just break out singing. In fact, my dad and I did over Thanksgiving. My son was impressed.
16. I worked in the corporate world for over 25 years. Sadly, no one wants someone with my experience anymore. :( I’m an old IBM’er, JC Penney corporate (women’s division) and banking.
17. I love Marvel and DC Comics. My favorites are Superman, Batman, Captain America and Thor. And yes, I can’t wait for the movie Superman vs. Batman. My favorite Batman: tie between Michael Keaton and Christian Bale. Superman: Christopher Reeve. Don’t get me wrong Henry was AWESOME but no one played Superman better than Chris. He defined the super hero role for everyone else.
18. I have two nicknames from my husband: Cliff (from Cheers) and Monica (from Friends). He He!
19. I hate being cold. My idea temp would be around 85 with a breeze. I live in Texas so I might have one day like that. LOL!
20. Are you bored yet?
Thanks for hanging out with me today.